Nearby to Crawford Market
Being located in a history part of Mumbai the Crawford Market is close to many other interesting sights for the visitor to the city.
- Rudyard Kipling’s birth house, the Dean’s House at the JJ School of Art
- The Dohbi Gaht or public laundry washing house
- St Xaviers College.
- Chatrapathi Shivaji Terminal aka Mumbai Railway Station aka Victoria Railway Station aka Victoria Terminal aka VT
- Manish Market is just across the road on the east side and is home to many mobile phone shops
- Mahatma Gandhi Phool Market – the wholesale flower market
- Mulji Jetha Market or Mohatta Cloth Market is mostly wholesale but some semi-retail. Mostly run by Gujarati people so you will find Gujarati food in this area. Also a major supplier of fabric to the local movie making industry.
- Brihan Mumbai Mahanagarpalika or Municipal House – a beautiful building designed by John Lockwood Kipling